Friday 19 June 2009

craghoppers nosi shirt

I've been scouring the outdoor shops looking for a long sleeve shirt that isn't beige, khaki, taupe or green. Surprisingly there aren't many out there, whilst I wouldn't mind much sitting in a bar in Scotland or the Lakes in that kind of shirt I'd rather have something that, whilst being functional is also casual, for when I'm sitting in a tapas bar in Potes.

Now what is it about backpackers and checked shirts?

The Craghoppers Nosi shirt fits the bill; wicking 30+ SPF material with anti mosi treatment, and in a rather fetching reddish check. It has a vented shoulder panel and a baggy fit to allow cooling airflow. I guess it must be quick drying but as I've only just brought it back from the shop I won't know until it needs to go in the wash. It has a secondary collar that can be flipped out to protect the neck and tabs for keeping the shirt sleeves rolled up. Whilst checking to see how many labels there were to remove I found two press studded tabs for hanging the shirt up to dry. Not sure whether I'll keep these though.

The XL tips the scales at 227g so no weight penalty when compared to the Berghaus Tech T that I would usually wear.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wore one in Scotland and it's a fab shirt. Silky smooth, feels cool, lightweight and quick to dry. It won't let you down. I had one button that was loose though.